Are Telehealth appointments HIPAA compliant?
We use a safe, secure 100% HIPAA compliant platform. The teleconferencing software encrypts all forms of data, including video and audio.
How Do I Cancel My Appointment If Needed?
Please call Mind Body Connect 360’s office (703-721-7521) to cancel your appointment. This must be done at least 24 hours in advance to avoid the late cancellation charge.
How should I prepare my space for a Telehealth appointment?
- Identify a suitable room that is quiet, private and free of distractions.
- To keep background noise to a minimum, make sure to close any doors, shut windows, turn off the television, and keep loud pets in another room if possible. Consider hanging a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door to avoid interruptions.
Is Telehealth Private?
Just like a face-to-face appointment, your Telehealth visit will be private and confidential.
Will appointments be recorded?
Never. None of our appointments will EVER be recorded or stored.
Mind Body Connect 360 is located in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC metro area. If I do not live in the area, can I access Telehealth services?
Absolutely! We can provide psychological services for anyone in the state of Virginia. We offer a free 30 minute phone consult to determine if our practice is a good fit for you. We aren’t doing therapy during this free consult because we haven’t agreed to work together yet—no deep dives. We will want to hear about why you’re looking into therapy and what goals you would like to achieve. We’ll be listening closely to determine if we can provide what you need using Telehealth, how we can help, and if another treatment provider is a better match for you. Please call the office (703) 721-7521 or fill out a request form under the “Contact” tab to schedule a consult.
What kind of device do I need for Telehealth appointments?
To participate in Telehealth appointments from your home, you will need one of the following devices:
- Desktop computer with a webcam, speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and a 4 GB of RAM
- Laptop computer with built-in webcam and speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and a 4 GB of RAM
- Tablet Device with built-in webcam and speakers
- Smartphone with at least iOS 11 or Android 7.0
Note: We recommend using SimplePractice Internet Connection Test (video.simplepractice.com) to check your WiFi strength prior to the start of your first appointment. If your connection is anything less than Excellent, you’ll see tips that may help to improve the quality of your call.
What if I want to see my provider in person?
Let us know you want an in person appointment and we’ll make it happen! It’s that easy. We offer both in-person and Telehealth appointments. We can mix and match those appointment formats to meet your needs so that consistency of appointments can be maintained.