What Is Telehealth?
Telehealth appointments allow clients to connect to health providers through secure video conferencing software. At Mind Body Connect 360, we offer telehealth services for psychological services.
Why should I try Telehealth? Is it right for me?
We are very excited about offering this modern option because it means no waiting and travel time, and you won’t have to take time off work or other priorities. It also allows us to navigate the uncertainty of the COVID environment without disruption to the work we are doing together.
At Mind Body Connect 360, we encourage clients to choose the appointment format that works best for their lives. Whether that’s in-office visits or telehealth. For many clients, telehealth is an important resource because it allows them to fit regular appointments into their daily lives. Consistency is key for any psychological service, but it’s not always easy to commute to the practice for services on a regular basis. Telehealth allows for more consistent appointments, which leads to better outcomes for many people.
What Kind of Device Do I Need For Telehealth Appointments?
To participate in Telehealth appointments from your home, you will need one of the following devices:
- Desktop computer with a webcam, speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and a 4 GB of RAM
- Laptop computer with built-in webcam and speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and a 4 GB of RAM,
- Tablet Device with built-in webcam and speakers
- Smartphone with at least iOS 11 or Android 7.0
(Note: to use a smartphone, you must first download Telehealth by SimplePractice – available for iOS or Android in the app store.)
- You will also need an internet connection that is at least 10mbps. For optimal results, a reliable, high-speed internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 mbps will minimize connection issues and provide the best quality.
(Note: We recommend using SimplePractice Internet Connection Test (video.simplepractice.com) to check your WiFi strength prior to the start of your first appointment. If your connection is anything less than Excellent, you’ll see tips that may help to improve the quality of your call.
What If I Want To See My Provider In Person?
Let us know you want an in person appointment and we’ll make it happen! It’s that easy. We offer both in-person and Telehealth appointments. We can mix and match those appointment formats to meet your needs so that consistency of appointments can be maintained.